Facelift Recovery Do’s and Don’ts
When it comes to Plastic Surgery, the procedure itself is only half the journey. To ensure best results and a safe recovery, Dr. Hernandez created an infographic that details the do’s and don’ts of a Facelift recovery. Always follow your surgeon’s detailed instructions and keep these tips in mind.
For more information on the facelift procedure and its recovery process, contact Dr. Hernandez.
What to do:
- Prior to surgery, discontinue all medications that may cause bleeding.
- Have someone available to assist you.
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat soft foods.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Use baby shampoo to wash your hair.
- Apply a high SPF sunblock, a hat and protective eyewear 30 minutes prior to going outdoors.
- Wait 4 weeks before exercising.
- Take your prescribed oral medications as directed.
- Contact your physician immediately if you experience any severe pain or bleeding.
What not to do:
- Do not apply ice, heat or pressure to your face.
- Do not resume taking your regular medications.
- Do not put your phone close to your ears.
- Do not do any activities that involve heavy lifting or bending over.
- Do not use the hair-dryer on the hot setting.
- Do not wear make up or skin care products.
- Do not drive for at least one week after surgery.
- Do not engage in any activities that involve being submerged in the water.
- Do not drink alcohol or take hormones.
- Do not smoke.